In the busyness of the holiday season, one of the best ways to stay connected with your mate is with holiday texts.
Amidst all of the shopping, parties, programs and activities, taking a few minutes to let you spouse know that you are thinking about them lets them know that they are still a priority to you. Couples who take the time to connect find that they feel much closer and more loved. One of the tools that is taught to couples seeking marriage help is the tool of connecting in small ways, such as texting.
Here are 25 holiday texts you can send to your spouse.
- No matter what I get for Christmas, you’re all that I really want!
- I love you more than Santa loves cookies and cocoa.
- Baby it’s cold outside. May I light your fire?
- Come find some mistletoe with me.
- All I want for Christmas is YOU…wrapped up in my arms!
- You must be Rudolph because you make everything brighter!
- This year I have the best gift ever – you in my life. Merry Christmas!
- All my love this Christmas to the one who makes every day merrier and brighter.
- Can I jingle your bells?
- Hot cocoa, a lighted Christmas tree, Christmas music and YOU = a happy me!
If you and your spouse enjoy Christmas movies, here are a few ideas for texts from “Elf” and “Christmas Vacation.” For instance, you could preface these quotations from Elf with the statement, “As Buddy from Elf would say…”
- You have such a pretty face, you should be on a Christmas card!
- “I’m in love! I’m in love! And I don’t care who knows it!” I love you at Christmas and always!
- “So, I planned our whole day. First, we’ll make snow angels for two hours. And then we’ll go ice skating. And then we’ll eat a whole roll of Tollhouse Cookie Dough as fast as we can. And then, to finish, we’ll snuggle.” Well, at least we can snuggle. Meet me at the couch!
- “I’m singing!! I’m in a store, and I am singing. I AM IN A STORE, AND I’M SINGING!” The thought of you and me at Christmas makes me sing!
- “Then I traveled through the seven levels of the candy cane forest, past the sea of swirly and twirly gumdrops, and then I walked through the Lincoln Tunnel.” I’d walk around the world to be with you at Christmas and any time!
- “I just like to smile. Smiling’s my favorite.” The thought of you and me at Christmas makes me smile.
If you’re a fan of Christmas Vacation, then “as Clark Griswold would say…”
- “We’re gonna have the hap-hap-happiest Christmas!” because we will be together!
- “Yes, it’s a bit nipply out, I mean nippy out.” I guess you can tell what’s on my mind. I can’t wait to see you tonight!
- As Cousin Eddie would say, “You about ready to do some kissin’?” Meet me under the mistletoe!
And then there are quotations from other movies and books that encapsulate so well what we want to communicate at Christmas:
- Christmas will always be as long as we stand heart to heart and hand in hand.” (Dr. Seuss) With you, Babe, it’s always Christmas!
- “Christmas isn’t just a day, it’s a frame of mind.” (Valentine Davies, Miracle on 24th St)
- “Peace on earth will come to stay, when we live Christmas every day.” (Helen Steiner Rice) I’m so glad that it’s Christmas every day because of our love!
- “Just remember, the true spirit of Christmas lies in your heart.” (The Polar Express) I’m so glad that that the true spirit of Christmas is in our hearts! I love you!
- “Teacher says every time a bell rings, an angel gets his wings.” (Zuzu Bailey, ‘It’s a Wonderful Life’) You’re my Christmas angel!
- “Christmas is not as much about opening our presents as opening our hearts.” Thank you for opening your heart to me. It’s the best gift ever!
As we often teach at our live marriage seminars, one of the best gifts that you can give your spouse at Christmas and all year ‘round is to let them know at random times that you are thinking about them. It will make big deposits in their “Love Bank.” Be intentional in making the effort to stay connected and you will be so glad that you did… and so will your mate. Be creative and have fun with it!