How Are We Doing?
We all have “stupid” spots and need caring, non-attacking feedback.
Without it, we won’t grow. ~ Jeani Poe, LoveRecon
You cannot grow without honest feedback. That is why in the Love Recon you were asked to rate your relationship, yourself as a mate and your mate as a mate. We introduced a Report Card Grading System to help you to think about how you would grade your relationship and each other. Today, think about this grading system and use it to evaluate your relationship.
A = We’re doing a great job! High five!
B = We’re doing a good job with room for improvement.
C = We’re just average with significant improvement needed.
D = Danger zone! We’re disconnected with an occasional spark of interest.
F = Code blue! We are shut down in this area.
Today, using this grading system, grade your relationship in the following six areas of intimacy and connectedness. Each of you share how you would grade these areas and then discuss what you could each do to help improve each area of your relationship. Each of you be open to how you could do a better job and become a better spouse in each area.
- Emotional Intimacy – Sharing thoughts and feelings, hopes and dreams and desires.
- Intellectual Intimacy – Sharing ideas. Learning new things together. Exchanging ideas and opinions about topics.
- Physical Intimacy – Affectionate touches, holding hands, hugging, kissing, making love.
- Financial Intimacy – Open sharing about our financial situation and developing a plan for our financial future.
- Spiritual Intimacy – Sharing our religious beliefs and practices and our spiritual journey.
- Recreational Intimacy- Spending time together participating in activities and events.
TODAY’S CHALLENGE: Run a bubble bath, light the candles, turn on the music and take a bubble bath together. That darn soap keeps slipping out of my hand. Whoops!
Suggested Scripture: Proverbs 27:6