Who you are will determine how you interact as a couple.
Are you the Giver-Equalizer-Taker
There’s a time to give, a time to take and a time to equalize…
the key is to know when each is needed and to find a balance. ~ David Bishop, LoveRecon
Everyone has a default or modality in the way they interact in relationships. There are basically three fundamental styles of interacting with others in every culture on earth. Each of us has a primary or default tendency. Which one is yours? Read the descriptions of interactive behaviors below and decide which is most like you in your relationship with your spouse.
– You spend your waking hours doing things to help your spouse.
– You don’t worry about what you get in return.
– You believe that it’s important to work for the success of your spouse.
If the above is most true of you, then you might be a Giver.
– You strive to maintain a balance of give and take in your marriage.
– You try to make sure that you both put in the same amount of effort.
– It is important to you that everything is fair in your relationship.
If these are most true of you, then you might be an Equalizer.
Part 1 of 2
Stay tuned to find out more on this topic in our next blog.
check out this suggested scripture: Romans 12:9-10