Fun And Romantic Fall Ideas For You Both To Enjoy
For this author, there is no more romantic time of year than the fall season. Some might argue that Christmas or Valentine’s Day is more romantic, but I would disagree. Fun and romantic dates in the autumn can be inside by the fire or outside on a bicycle. There is so much that you can do with your partner to enjoy each other and build memories. Here are some of the almost infinite list of ideas for dates and activities for you and your love this fall:
- Build a fire. If you have a place to do so, build a bonfire with friends and spend the evening chatting around the fire, roasting marshmallows for s’mores, and drinking pumpkin lattes or pumpkin ale. If you don’t have a place for a bonfire, use a fire pit or even a home fireplace for your fire. The idea is to have the warmth and crackle produced by the burning logs, which create the ambiance and spark those romantic feelings.
- Take a hike. Get out and enjoy the change in nature that occurs in the fall in most areas. Pack a picnic and stop for an intimate meal along the way.
- Go apple picking. If there are orchards nearby that allow for it, pick apples for caramelizing or baking later. If there are no orchards, make a trip to your local Fone, each of several different kinds of apples, and taste -test them when you get home. You might discover a new favorite!
- Giddyap! The fall is a perfect time for horseback riding. Take lessons if you don’t know how to ride. It’s a fun skill to learn together, and riding together creates opportunities to talk and connect as a couple.
- Visit a corn maze…and a “haunted” one is even better. Corn mazes can be found in most communities. Just do a quick online search, and then head out for some fun!
- Make a scarecrow. Just get some straw and clothes from that pile you are planning to donate and custom-build your own scarecrow. You can even make a couple of them, with one representing each of you.
- Explore fall fairs and festivals. In the fall, these types of entertainment abound. Almost every weekend, you can take your pick of several to go to.
- Carve and decorate pumpkins. Use your imaginations and create unique takes on the traditional jack-o-lantern.
- Go thrift-shopping. A lot of people clean out their garages and closets after summer. This means garage sales and estate sales! It can be fun sorting through “stuff” and finding treasures together.
- Take a day trip. Fall is the perfect time to take a long drive with the windows down, especially in areas with fall foliage. First, put together a playlist of your favorite songs. Then, if you see roadside shops or sites that look interesting, stop and investigate. The key is not to be in a hurry.
- Play flag football. Invite some friends to join you for fun and competition in a flag football game. You could even award a pumpkin trophy to the winners.
- Tailgate at a football game. Even if you’re not into football, the food and the socializing of tailgating create memorable experiences and maybe some new friends.
- Attend a Renaissance Festival. Dress up in medieval attire and plan to spend the day at one of the many Renaissance Festivals held in this season. Each features fun and games, food and drink, shopping, and events.
- Go biking. Air up your bicycle tires and head out with your partner for a fall bicycle ride. Enjoy the fall scenery and get ideas for decorating your own yard as you ride through the neighborhoods.
- Take a Fall Photography Tour. Create some Instagram-worthy photos with your phone by visiting scenic areas or areas of interest with a fall theme—pumpkin patches, orchards, urban murals, etc. Use your imagination!
- Stargaze from a truck bed. If you don’t have a pickup truck, borrow one from a friend. Get some pillows and blankets to make the truck bed more comfortable. Then, drive to a more rural area where the city lights don’t compete with the stars and stargaze with your partner. It’s good to be alive!
Fun And Romantic Fall Ideas ForYou Both To Enjoy
Indoor Fun And Romantic Fall Ideas
- Fall breakfast for dinner. Do breakfast for dinner with a twist – Plan a menu of pumpkin pancakes and/or apple muffins. Serve apple butter and pumpkin spice lattes. And, of course, bacon. There must always be bacon!
- Make homemade caramel apple pies. Use the apples that you picked at an orchard or picked out at the supermarket.
- Create cocktails. Use apple cider and concoct new cocktails while you play music and dance.
- Eat baked apple cider donuts. If these delicious treats are not available to you, here’s a link with a recipe to make your own: https://www.thefauxmartha.com/baked-apple-cider-donuts/
- Watch Hocus Pocus. This is probably the best Halloween movie ever made. For extra fun and memory-making, watch it outside and invite a few friends – or the neighborhood- for a watch party.
- Have a movie marathon. Pick romantic movies, scary movies, adventure movies – whatever you and your partner like. You might choose each of your favorite Halloween movies. Have a movie marathon, and make sure that you have some soft blankets to snuggle under.
- Buy or create costumes. Visit a costume shop or even a thrift shop to find and put together costumes. And then, if you haven’t been invited to a party to wear your costumes to, plan a date night and wear them, taking pictures to remember the night.
- Take a ghost tour. Many historic districts host ghost tours around Halloween. It’s fun to walk through the old, stately homes and hear the stories of the ghosts that inhabit them. “I ain’t afraid of no ghosts!”
- Pumpkin beer taste test. If beer’s your thing, fall is a good time for you and your partner to experience a pumpkin beer tasting. Most breweries offer pumpkin beer, and it wouldn’t be polite not to taste them!
- Cozy coffee date. Find a comfortable, intimate coffee shop and have a date there.
- Plan a fall getaway. Fall is the perfect time for Airbnb. If your budget allows, get away for a weekend and enjoy each other and the unique gifts that fall experiences can bring.
- Attend a marriage conference or retreat. Many ministries or organizations offer marriage retreats in the fall. Find one that fits your schedule and budget and invest in your relationship. Contact Love Recon anytime to find out more about what we offer.