2019 is Here, Are you Ready?
Here we go again! In with the new and out with the old. It can also be an exciting time, to reset the things in life that really matter and what is important to you. Erase the board and start with a clean and new slate. A time to develop a new attitude!
It is important to set goals and aspirations, however to actually accomplish them takes dedication and effort. Life is so complicated with too many energies demanding our undivided attention, how do we find time for anything more?
Let’s set some goals. Here are a few tips on setting and achieving those new year resolutions and seeing them fulfilled.
- Keep the list short– No more than 3 goals are suggested. Do not overload the plate with goals as they will become diluted and frustration will win in most cases.
- Ladder the difficulty of goals– One goal should be easy as it develops amazing confidence to see a goal completed. The next goal should go a little deeper and then the last should be the BHAG (big hairy audacious goal) JUST GO FOR IT!
- Break the goals down into small bites- If you are setting annual goals they need to be broken down into smaller pieces so they are not too overwhelming. By doing small activities on a regular basis (weekly or monthly) the goals become more attainable.
- Focus and discipline- What you think about and focus on, will become important and priority in your world. You need to place these goals in a place that you will have to read them many times per day so that they become a constant reminder of what you need to accomplish this year to feel good about yourself and your future.
- Progress and not perfection- We are humans and not robots! Applaud yourself when you take a step in the direction of your goals. The next step will be a little better and easier. You Are Committed- Don’t Give Up!
- Engage your mate or others in your goals- This will create a cheering section for you and will also keep you committed when you feel a little weak. It also creates a form of accountability.
- Setting Joint Goals with your mate- If you wish to see your relationship bloom, ask your mate,” what goal is important to you that we can accomplish together?”
- Celebrate!!!! Plan for celebrating your achievement. Know ahead of time how you wish to celebrate your accomplishments.
Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do over the things you did do. Cut away the safety lines from the safety harbor. Let the trade winds fill your sails. Explore and dream! ~Mark Twain